Like every year, Nanha Nukkad at HLF 2024 will witness a flurry of activities—storytelling, book readings, movie screenings, and several interesting workshops. The intention is to bring children back to the immersive experience of books and stories and try to draw them away from addictive blue screens. Here is a brief round-up of the exciting events:
- A cooking workshop on healthy eating with Sreedevi Jasti.
- Storytelling is a powerful medium for bringing concepts and social issues to children and we have sessions with children’s writers Lopamudra Mohanty, Joba Murmu, Andaleeb Wajid, and Khyrunnisa.
- An interesting workshop on crafting a character by Shriya Gupta and a movement and music workshop for little kids by Lakshmi Shankar with singing from her sing-along book Under The Poetree.
- Yet another thought-provoking event is an interactive storytelling session with Ramendra Kumar, a writer and cancer survivor, who will be relating a story of a grandfather and granddaughter and how they journey through his cancer recovery.
- Adding a touch of excitement and mystery is storytelling in a forest with Katha Karavan are Rohini Jayanthi and Meera Viswanath bringing the story of Bojabi Tree to five-year-olds.
- Katha Konnections brings to the children, three hilarious folktales with multiple storytellers and attractive props.
- Also in the offing are a couple of short movie screenings about nurturing the forest and understanding the environment which will happen in the Moving Images venue.
So, we are all set to take you on an adventure of stories, singing and movement at Nanha Nukkad at HLF 2024!